: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Does this hat make me look cool?

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

I think it is safe to say that while the solstice hasn't taken place yet, summer is officially here and while I love being out in the sun as much as the next gal, that whole climate change thing has made it even hotter.  Because of this, I've convinced myself that I shall be a "hat person" while the weather is warm.  

It seems to be common knowledge that hats help protect your eyes and skin from harmful UV rays, and by extension, they can help reduce your risk of developing skin cancer, but you know what?  Hats are awfully fun.  

I've totally fallen in love with this new geometric printed hat from Shel-USA.  It is adjustable, which is wonderful for my tiny head.  I can almost never find hats that actually fit.  This cap is kinda cool and can look chic with an everyday outfit, or you could choose to bend the brim and make it look a bit sportier.  The fabric was sustainably made from recycled plastic bottles and the whole hat itself was handmade in the US. This means that the production of this cancer-cutting chapeau reduces both plastic waste and the carbon footprint that comes from producing goods overseas.  Shel-USA is also a member of 1% For the Planet, so they donate 1% of proceeds from all sales to environmental preservation efforts! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the hat is responsibly made
: the tote is responsibly made
: the tank is handmade and fair trade
: the sweater was thrifted
: the leggings are sustainably made
: the sneakers are handmade and fair trade
: the sunglasses are made of sustainable bamboo







1 comment on "Does this hat make me look cool? "