: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Isona Linen...

Sunday, May 26, 2019

It may be safe to say that lately, I've been a bit bag crazy.  Maybe it's just because I'm prepping to move in to the condo I'm helping SunStars flip and I'm searching for ways to store and transport things, but in any case, I'm all about seeking out the most functional and sustainable bags around.  

When the wonderful people at Isona Linen reached out and asked me to try their linen tote, I was tote-ally on board (see what I did there?).  These bags are made in Latvia, where flax grows regularly and rapidly, and everything in their shop is handmade and hand dyed.  Their tote comes in 19 (!!!) different colours, so you're sure to find one that will blend well with your existing wardrobe.  The tote is also gigantic, as in I was easily able to put two giant beach towels, a water bottle, a book, and a snack into it and I still had room leftover.  However, because this bag has soft sides and is made of lightweight fabric, it can be easily folded or rolled up for storage.  I told SunStars when we were taking photos at the pool today that I can easily picture us bringing this bag on our next trip to visit my dad at the beach in California. 

Aside from their tote, Isona makes linen clothing, scarves, and housewares, so if you're looking for some handmade updates for your home or wardrobe, I'd recommend checking them out! 


What's sustainable about this look? 

: the tote is handmade from sustainable linen
: the sunglasses are made of sustainable bamboo
: the sandals are made of recycled plastics
: the beach towel is made of organic cotton in a fair trade setting







Post Comment
Post a Comment