: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

That one time when I got engaged...

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Have you ever gone somewhere fun, thinking that you're just going to hang out and take some photos of some fabulous new ethical clothing for a blog post and end up getting the surprise of your life?  

I can honestly say that now I have! 

Yes, Green Bees, last Friday, SunStars and I had plans to check out a new exhibit at the Butterfly Pavilion (aka my happy place).  I wasn't feeling well, but hoped that a visit to the butterflies before checking out the exhibit would refocus me and turn things around.  I also needed to snap some photos of these epic new floral trousers by Kindom!  Since it was an after hours event, the rainforest was rather empty and as the sun started to set, many of the butterflies became more active and swarmed around, landing on us and giving me an absolute case of the giggles.  

As the butterflies danced around, SunStars set up my camera and I thought that after out joint photoshoot last weekend, he wanted to jump into a few photos with me, so imagine my surprise when he kissed me, looked deeply into my eyes, and then sank down to one knee.  

I can't really remember what he said or what I said, but suddenly there was a beautiful ring on my finger and we were both shaking and smiling.  It turns out that he had actually set up my camera to record a video of the whole thing.  I'm still too nervous to watch it, but am so glad that we have it so one day, when all of the jitters have worn off, we can.  

I am thrilled beyond belief that the stars aligned and brought us to the same place at the same time.  Based on a journal entry that I wrote about 3 years ago, detailing all of the qualities (personality, looks, hobbies) I'd look for in an ideal partner, it seems that I knew that I was looking for him a long time ago (he checks literally all of the boxes on my list).  It feels like home.  It feels like happiness.  

... and yes... he designed the ring and did so in the most sustainable way possible.  The center stone is a hand-cut European stone from somewhere between the 1920s-1930s.  He also attempted to get the accent stones from a tennis bracelet that belongs to his mum, but they didn't quite fit the design.  Oh yeah, he gets it... 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: my tops were both thrifted
: the trousers are made from reclaimed fabrics
: the booties are second-hand
: the beautiful sparkly ring was designed from vintage and ethical stones







Post Comment
Post a Comment