: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Finding some balance...

Monday, April 27, 2020

Several weeks ago, I realized that the quarantine would be an amazing time to get things done.  I had lists of books that I wanted to read or re-read.  I wanted to work on learning Spanish.  I hoped to brush up on my ukulele skills.  Spending time snuggling my sweet baby also topped my list of things to do.  

... and then I realized how difficult teaching online is.  Especially because I teach middle school.  Middle school special education, to be exact.  

It didn't take long for my personal quarantine to do list to fly out the window as I was sucked into lesson planning, completing paperwork to ensure that all of my students were receiving the services for which they qualify, and emailing parents to make sure that everyone was staying safe and healthy.  

As we enter our 6th week of online school, I like to think that I'm finally finding some balance.  I've started wearing actual trousers on the regular and have pushed myself to find at least an hour a day to dedicate solely to family time.  We have been enjoying going on quick drives to find new outdoor spaces in which to get some fresh air while continuing to physical distance.  I'm also trying to give myself at least 30 minutes a day to devote to the projects that were on my original to do list, like put together these necklaces made from wood and a rock that I found on my dad's beach years ago! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the scarf is fair trade and handmade
: the tank is fair trade
: the bracelets are handmade
: the necklaces were made using found items







Post Comment
Post a Comment